1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

reset the service light on dash?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by northernlights, Mar 8, 2010.

1. northernlights

northernlights A12 Road eater

ive been told that it can be done via the two pins under each clock, hold them down for a set amount of secounds and it rest your service light. this has'nt worked for me so how do i reset it?

52 plate.
  2. S3 NPD

S3 NPD New Member

cant imagine that'd work? but ya never know...personally i'd take it to a garage that has a code reading and resetting computer and get them to plug it in. its a 5 min job so dont let them charge you summit stupid! dont take it to audi tho as they'd pull ya pants down jus to reset it!
  3. Lemon S3

Lemon S3 Alex

It does say in the manual how to do it i think but didnt work for me either.
  4. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :)

It is in the manual, if you have a read, its a bit of a strange combination, but it does work, also it will only do a 10k interval, it wont set it back to the long life service interval.

Also if you do a search on here, im pretty sure you will find the combo and you can give it a go.