1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

reset service indicator

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by JoeInIreland, Oct 16, 2006.

1. JoeInIreland

JoeInIreland New Member

Hi all - quick question, is it possible to reset the DIS service indicator without resorting to visiting the dealer. Mine is popping up on startup "Service in 1000 kms...", even though I know its not due a service for another 7 or 8 thousand.

Would like to avoid trip to dealers if possible!!

cheers.
  2. Eeef

Eeef Lord of War

My guess is the car probably knows more than you do. What makes you think it's not due?
  3. JoeInIreland

JoeInIreland New Member

The car has 24,000kms on it. It was serviced at 16,000kms (about 10K miles) last april.
    When I bought the car the dealer told me to service every 16,000 kms (10000 miles) or once per year, which I did. I don't think they bothered to reset the indicator though.

Although if I was to heed the service indicator I would only be going for its 1st service now.
  4. rich1068

rich1068 Member

If Audi are anything like VW and Skoda it should be in the handbook how to reset the indicator. It should reset to 'fixed' servicing ie if you reset at 24k it will come on approaching 34k but at least you won't get the annoying warning.
  5. alfiejts

alfiejts Member

It is in the manual. Shout again if you haven't got a manual and I'll look it up for you.....