1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reset Airbag light with VCDS lite?

Discussion in 'VCDS (formerly VAG-COM) forum' started by George The Diesel Head, Jan 4, 2012.

1. George The Diesel Head

George The Diesel Head Member

[Jan 4, 2012]
    Hi, can someone here help.... I have googled but not really found the result I was looking for.
    I recently changed the front seats in my 8l for leather ones, but didn't think to disconnect the battery before. :keule:

Is it possible to reset the airbag light with VCDS lite and a generic cable??

THANKS
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 22, 2014]

3. sideways steve

sideways steve Member

[Jan 4, 2012]
    yes it is, I just done mine at the weekend after having my recaro's out :)

If your cable works with VCDS lite for other things already then it should also work for resetting the airbag light. Mine does and its the blue "ebay" type cable.

I am planning to contact ross tech to buy a licence now that I know my cable works which will let me do lots of other things too :)
  4. George The Diesel Head

[Jan 4, 2012]
    NICE ONE, just the news I was after..... blue cable ordered!!
  5. sideways steve

sideways steve Member

[Jan 4, 2012]
    Just be carefull on here, I got flamed for asking some advise on coding a module due to not having a "real" ross tech cable despite the fact they offer software which works with 3rd party cables !
  6. George The Diesel Head

[Jan 4, 2012]
    When I have a vag fleet or take on a serious project, I will probably buy the full version and the proper cable.... Until then, I am young, poor and can think of more important things to spend the money on for my car.

I just want to turn my airbag light of, as cheaply as possible. That is, after-all the main reason we work on our cars ourselves.

Thanks now.
  7. sideways steve

sideways steve Member

[Jan 5, 2012]
    I agree, at the end of the day they offer a shareware version of the software and it has the functionality you need so why spend a fortune to do the exact same thing you can do for next to nothing ? LOL

The bit that annoys me is that I have quite a few "genuine" cables for various OBDII cars and they did cost a lot of money yet there completely useless on anything other than the one make of car they were originally bought for ! I dont see why manufacturers just didnt get together and all use the same protocols to try and standardise the way we do things..... oh no I do, to make even more money than they already do ! LOL