1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacing the double din BOSE Symphony II headunit... is it the done thing?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by its_neil, Jan 5, 2011.

1. its_neil

its_neil Member

[Jan 5, 2011]
    Hi,

2002 S3 with a BOSE Symphony 2 headunit that's double din. I've looked *everywhere* for replacement dash kits so I can fit a regular double din headunit into the car but they don't seem to exist... Most people say you have to buy an A4 (?) adaptor, modify it then buy a collection of wiring adapters to mate it all up to the speakers properly.

Is changing the headunit on the S3 simply not done then? I'd like to buy a touchscreen double din sat nav / bluetooth / ipod / all singing all dancing unit but information appears thin on the ground.

Cheers!
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 16, 2014]

3. Speedy Steve

Speedy Steve Active Member

[Jan 6, 2011]
    I have a touch screen in mine double din the mod to the facia wasnt to bad. if your going to do it strip out old audio fit new and wire in a propper amp. Not cheaper but better option
  4. ant schof

ant schof Member

[Jan 13, 2011]
    Hi Neil ,
    I'm having troubles with my symphony 2 double din unit too 02 plate S3 . Thinking about getting another unit to replace it
    where to find at the right price though !? Did you come up with a different solution aftermarket head unit ?

Many thanks
    Ant