1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacing the Brake Master Cylinder

Metro Apr 17, 2012

1. Metro

Metro Error

Hi guys, my master cylinder is shot so ive managed to pick up a brand new genuine part from Seat (after 5 phone calls between different dealers/TPS/GSF etc) for £140 inc VAT, where the most expensive was £200 inc VAT. Now, I also did a bit of phoning around to get a quote for garages to fit it, as im a bit unsure of fitting anything to do with brakes myself. cheapest ive found is a guy who says it will be around £150 (3 hours inc dot 5.1 brake fluid & bleeding).

My question is, does this seem about right for replacing the master cylinder? or is it something I can do myself? ive replaced calipers / disks / pads myself before, done pretty much all of the work bar the cam belt / rear bea bush's myself so far...

Thanks

2. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid Supporter

Its not the easiest of jobs so it seems ok to me ....

3. Metro

Metro Error

Cheers for reassuring me mate. I'll just pay the guy and save myself the hastle. Wish I had 150 spare though, just have to go back to lentils and rice for the month xD