1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacing/Removing Headlights

Discussion in 'Tuning' started by imported_unkle, Oct 23, 2004.

1. imported_unkle

imported_unkle Guest

[Oct 23, 2004]
    I know this question isnt strictly about tuning but this section of the forum is the closest thing to my question.....

I need to swap the UK headlights in my '04 A3 and replace them with continental ones and swap one of the rear light clusters over as well, Ive done a bit of searching on the web for diagrams on how to do this but not come up with anything, the local German stealer has quoted me €150 (100 quid) to do it. If its an easy enough job to do then I would like to do it myself, if its a bitch then I'll leave it to someone who knows what they are doing.

Any info would be terrific /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 17, 2014]

3. waveform2

waveform2 * J e d i *

[Oct 23, 2004]
    Dont know if this is any use but i just changed out my std lights on an a4 98 for projectors and it was a peice of [censored], took about 30 mins.

Only prob i had was a fuse blew and i thought i'd messed up but i was being a twat /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wouldnt think it would a difficult task.

Cheers

Derek
  4. imported_Yaseen

imported_Yaseen Guest

[Oct 23, 2004]
  5. imported_Yaseen

imported_Yaseen Guest

[Oct 23, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Derek Ross said:
    Only prob i had was a fuse blew :

[/ QUOTE ]

That actually came to my mind when I read that post, but didnt want to sound patronising so didnt say. Ive seen how easily people fall out on forums through little misunderstandings!!
  6. waveform2

waveform2 * J e d i *

[Oct 24, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Yaseen said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    Derek Ross said:
    Only prob i had was a fuse blew :

[/ QUOTE ]

That actually came to my mind when I read that post, but didnt want to sound patronising so didnt say. Ive seen how easily people fall out on forums through little misunderstandings!!

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAT DO YOU MEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You calling me a twat!

If so i agree totaly hehe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cheers

Derek
  7. imported_unkle

imported_unkle Guest

[Oct 26, 2004]
    Thanks for the help, Im gonna try it myself this weekend, only problem is, if I screw it up and it gets dark, I gotta catch the train home /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
  8. imported_unkle

imported_unkle Guest

[Nov 12, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    unkle said:
    Thanks for the help, Im gonna try it myself this weekend, only problem is, if I screw it up and it gets dark, I gotta catch the train home /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a quick update, I spent 3 hours the other night doing this, wasnt easy but then again wasnt too hard, involves a lot of fiddly stuff which was tricky for a large handed ogre like myself /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif loosening the wheel arch covers to get to the clips that hold the bumper on, while doing this I also replaced a missing foglight (hit a big brown bird on the autobahn the other morning) while I had the bumper loose which was cool, best thing was while the foglight was missing there was a onboard computer alarm that come on everytime I started the car, I had visions of it staying there until a dealer removed it just like an old Vectra my dad owned but now its gone......

Also, I changed the rear light clusters over with the help of a mechanic friend, he was disgusted that the audi didnt have reversing and fog lights in both rear clusters, is this only in the 1.6 models or does the entire range have the same setup??