1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacing my driver seat' HELP NEEDED, CONNECTIONS

Paul @ Unit 9 Remaps Oct 6, 2009

1. Paul @ Unit 9 Remaps

Paul @ Unit 9 Remaps Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

replacing my drive seat as doesnt stay down unless you sit on it, need alittle help as it seems connections for the airbag is different from my original

these are my connections from the original seat from the car, little yellow and big red square connections
    [​IMG]

and heeres my connections from the car, one little yellow and one big red
    [​IMG]

and the connection for the air bag on the new seat, just one big yellow plug
    [​IMG]

any ideas people would like to get this connected up thanks

2. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

Do the colours not match? They did when i updated seats on my A4

3. Paul @ Unit 9 Remaps

theres no wire with a red plug on the seat, also the yellow air bag plug on the seat is a square block plug, but the other yellow plug it goes into is thin

4. Paul @ Unit 9 Remaps

cant see as its dark now, from the car, on the yellow plug theres 2 wires, one yellow,blue and the other yellow green, from the seat there is 3 wires going into the yellow block which is larger than the seat connnection

5. emery1990

emery1990 Active Member

Jw, did you take out the seat, because ive heard they weigh alot and much less a non electric seat would weigh?

6. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

I think you will find that the WIRE colours will match, just that the plugs are different. You could probably remove your old plugs and splice them to the new seat of a plug n play option

7. Paul @ Unit 9 Remaps

my thoughts, just wanted peoples opinions, and oh my are they heavy, wonder if the s3 recaros are the same, stupidly heavey, my old fiat coupe ones were half the weight

8. emery1990

emery1990 Active Member

Ah thats a good thing really, can be replaced with my lighter ones then, was they easy to take out, like kinda common sense?

9. Paul @ Unit 9 Remaps

very easy, fool proof, either a 13mm nut X2 on the front of the seat when you push it all the way back or X2 torque screws, depends if male of female bracket

10. alijames

alijames Active Member

S3 Recaros weigh 36KG each!!!

Cheers,

11. Paul @ Unit 9 Remaps

know the weight of the turbo seats

12. emery1990

emery1990 Active Member

I rekon mbit less or the same, i have not got heated but have got adjustable lumbar. But was reading the lightweight recaros are in the rs4's and r32's. Basic they weigh 15kg, saw rs4's for £200 on ebay, but was heated and electric, i would want just the plain lightweight recaros. would save about 30kg in total.