1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacing LEDs in Rear Lights

ScottishA4B9 Jan 17, 2014

1. ScottishA4B9

ScottishA4B9 Well-Known Member Team Daytona Audi A4 S-line owners group saloon TDi

Hi all!

Is it possible to replace a blown or broken LED in an LED Rear Light Unit?
    Also how much are they to replace?

Many Thanks

2. Point_Audi

Point_Audi Vorsprung durch Technik VCDS Map User Gold Supporter Team Tornado Audi A5 Black Edition S-line owners group

Hey,

I had the same problem not so long ago, one of the LEDS had went on me. I had searched around the internet and quite a lot of people said you need to replace the whole unit and some said it is possible to carefully split and reseal. I got my replaced by Audi for free, so if the car is still under the Warranty I would be giving Audi a call.

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Usually sealed units, not worth opening, repairing, then sealing as water always gets back in.

Point_Audi likes this.
  4. Point_Audi

Point_Audi Vorsprung durch Technik VCDS Map User Gold Supporter Team Tornado Audi A5 Black Edition S-line owners group

Yea its not worth the trouble!..Be handy if you could change them though!

5. ScottishA4B9

ScottishA4B9 Well-Known Member Team Daytona Audi A4 S-line owners group saloon TDi

Thanks for the advice guys. I saw some cheap units on ebay with an LED light broken, so I will give them a miss! Cheers!