Replacing clutch slave cylinder

Tifun

Highly Rated
Reaction score
Website
www.midcoastphotographs.com
Ok, so I have to replace my clutch slave. Having never bleeding it before I'm not 100% on this so any insight would be great.

I've been told you don't have to bench bleed them and you can do it on the car so in theory I can simply do it like a brake caliper.

1. remove old slave(one bolt)
2. bolt new slave on
3. remove line from old and attach to new
4. press clutch in then open bleeder to push out air, re-tighten while pedal still pushed down
5. repeat until no air is present
6. go do a burnout

I guess my concern is do I need to bleed the entire brake system? I seriously just had new Motul fluid put in less than a month ago. Obviously I need to keep an eye on the fluid levels blah blah blah, but for the most part I feel this is the steps to take. Does anyone have any tips or info that I may not know???? Seems like I can do this all in about a half hour with an extra hand to push the pedal for me.

Also, pics for clicks
4142746192_364771daa7.jpg

The clutch line comes off the brake resovoir about half way up, so you wont affect the brake system at all, although you will need to fill it up.

What you've suggested sounds feasible, other approach you could take is to use a pressure bleeding kit like an eezibleed, you just need to ensure the pressure is low enough that you dont blow the resovoir to bits (been there, done that!)

You can just bleed the clutch, as when the fluid drains when removing the slave, not all of the fluid drains away.

Try gravity bleeding, ie just fill the resevior release the nipple until you get a steady trickle and close the nipple. That should give you al least a clutch good enough to properly bleed