1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacing bushes?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by rockape, Nov 4, 2011.

1. rockape

rockape Per ardua

Right then, I've decided to replace my dampers as I think they're a bit tired and I'm swaying towards the bilstein b8's(I have eibach springs) so making a b12 kit. Whilst having this done I'd like to change some of the suspension bushes to tighten up the feel of the car. However, I haven't a clue about which ones to change or whether to go oem,poly or a mixture.

Any experts out there can help with some advice please?

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. staitesidestory

I am doing a similar thing to you I have spoke to a company called stealth racing and they assured me that I can upgrade to s3 bushes even though I have a front wheel drive 2.0tdi. They reckon poly bushes are a bit to stiff for hard road use. Im also putting on eibach anti roll bars which they reckon are a worthy upgrade.

4. paultaylor

paultaylor Member

I was thinking of changing mine when I change dampers as I'm trying to eliminate a nasty knocking sound when I go over potholes or speed bumps.

I'm going to change to Koni FSD as the s line suspension is terribly hard.

What would be the best bushes to get in order to give the softest ride even at the expense of handling or roll?

5. rockape

rockape Per ardua

I've read a few articles on this since posting and although the jury is out on the benefits of poly bushes its agreed they will give a more positive drive. The trade off is potentially an even harder ride. For this reason I think oem rubber bushes will keep some compliance in the chassis....after all thats why they're made from rubber is'nt it? Much cheaper too, especially after shelling out for shocks!

6. dunk

dunk Member

I would stick to oem except for the front bottom arms where you can use polybushes to increase the caster (superpro) this increases the self- centering and dynamic camber on turns, which tends to improve the steering feel, reduce understeering by increasing front end grip and reduces the audi numb steering when driving straight-ish

#5 dunk, Nov 5, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2011