1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacing Bose amp in S3 8L what are my options

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by Westy, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Westy

Westy Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

[Nov 30, 2009]
    I have a problem with one of the channels on my bose amp which means my passenger side front speaker is very very quiet. If I replace the bose amp what options are there for a fairly seemless, cheap, swap replacement? I'm not fussed about sound quality or anything like that, I just want all my speakers working correctly again.

I've been told that the bose amp is an 8 channel amp but i'm pretty clueless when it come to ICE so I dont know if that's correct?

Thanks in advance
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Nov 30, 2009]
    No it's just a 4channel unit. There is no seamless option as it uses a bespoke connector, is extremely efficient and stable driving a 4 x 2ohm load. Any aftermarket alternative would require a custom loom, and an additional power cable and would probably be too big to fit in the stock location. Just keep an eye out on ebay for a like for like replacement or send the amp to me and I'll repair it for a small charge.
    This is what you want, but this one is well overpriced:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-GENUINE-A...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item3ca41b60a1
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2009