1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacement Tyres

uilleam Aug 17, 2009

1. uilleam

uilleam New Member

Can anyone advise what tyres I should fit to my A3 1.9 dti. I need 4 new tyres and dont want to fit Mitchelin. Looked at etyres and they have some good deals.:blackrs4:

2. heliflyer

heliflyer Member

Iv,e just replaced my pirelli,s as one shredded on me but i had a very hard ride and lots of roadnoise with them,ive put goodyear f1 eagles asymetrics on and its like driving a new car well worth the price cheers Ian

3. Staz

Staz is a retronaut Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

4. heliflyer

heliflyer Member

i just paid 127 each for mine if that helps any cheers Ian

5. kaz219

kaz219 Active Member VCDS Map User

6. Staz

I think everyone will think different things about tyres. The Vredisteins have great reviews on that site and I can find them for £88! Not fitted of course.

7. Scott

Scott Well-Known Member

has anyone considered uniroyal rainsport 3's? seen some good reviews

8. AUDIA3QS

AUDIA3QS Member

Fitted 4 Vredisteins last week, Supply fit balance and tracking (Quattro) £449 all in,
    Last set Vredisteins had done 20k so all round I think a very good tyre.

Rgds Tom

9. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member VCDS Map User Gold Supporter quattro Audi A3

I had 4 new Dunlop SP Sport MAXX 225/45x17 fitted to my previous A3. I bought them through www.blackcircles.com and they arranged for them to be fitted by their nearest local agent.

Total cost including new valves and balancing was £383.53

10. madluke

madluke In pursuit of audiness:)

falkens 452... i put them on recently and recommend them. 350 quid all in. a lot grip and nice shape.

11. uilleam

uilleam New Member

Thanks guys
    I had narrowed my choice down to Conti Premium Contact 2 or Sport Contact 2 and Bridgestone Potenza RE040 or ER300. Now I will have to go and look at the other makes mentioned above. I am looking for good rain tyres with low road noise.

12. Staz

I bet you are when you're from Aberdeen. ZING!! :undwech:

13. Gryphon001

Gryphon001 Active Member

I've recently been looking around for new ones myself and from the searches I did the Dunlop Direzza Z1's seem to be getting really good reviews. Only issue with them is that being a high performance tire the tread life is probably rather anti-climatic. I believe they have a tread wear rating of 200. The tests of them that I have seen show that they are great in dry conditions and barely loose any traction in the wet... may be worth looking into.

I found this comparison pretty decent.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...res_take_on_the_michelin_ps2-comparison_tests