Replacement recirc valve, is it right for my car?

L4V15

Reaction score
Hi. Iv just replaced the recirc valve with a copy of the Turbosmart plumb back one. It's exactly the same as I used to have one on my golf. On the top it has a bit you can turn to softer or harder. After fitting it I set it to harder and took it for a drive and it's making that weird fluttering sound when letting off to change. It's an s3 225 model remapped but only to around 260bhp so shouldnt be a crazy amount of boost. What would you recommend having it set to? Soft or hard, how can I tell. What should it be sounding like? It did sound similar on my Golf tbh, had that set to hard but that was running very high boost. Im not even sure whether you would normally be able to hear it but iv put a k&n panel filter in and put some holes in the cold side of the air box. Just don't want to be damaging anything by having the spring set too hard. Any advice would be good. Thanks alot. Steve

Yes indeed. Should it make a fluttering noise?

Nope they shouldn't flutter. Split pipe going into the dv by any chance? Get a Forge 007p and you won't have to worry about anything matey.

Wouldnt it bring up a fault if I had a split pipe? Is that the one going in from the side?

What springs are they on your Black s3 DJ troopa? Looks spot on. Iv just ordered the same wheels but in black with a red lip, and I have some -30mm apex springs to fit.

I would say you have it set too hard and it's compressor stall you are hearing. Thats not good for our small turbos, i would slacken it off. Have you a boost gauge?

Na I dont have a boost gauge. Iv tried it fairly soft today and it's still making the fluttering noise and iv checked the pipes hoses etc and definitely no splits