1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacement parts

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Lee2988, May 24, 2012.

1. Lee2988

Lee2988 New Member

[May 24, 2012]
    Hi there new to forum,
    Pick my a3 sport back up on Monday and need advice on a few parts the central armrest doesn't close as clip is snapped off , the rear driver side Bose speaker cover is crack an would like to replace these anyone know where I could buy these parts thanks, also considering upgrading the headlights an rear light to black led's and Dlr's thanks possible of links and prices please thanks again
  2. Ash187

Ash187 Audi-Retrofits.co.uk Site Sponsor

[May 25, 2012]
    year of car?
    armrest catch means a replacement lid required. i may have a leather lid up for sale if your interested?
    bose grill, have a look around on ebay... always a few kicking around otherwise get it from a breaker... cheap as chips.
    what headlights have you currently got and exactly what lights do you want to go to? post some pics and you will get the best answers
  3. Lee2988

Lee2988 New Member

[May 25, 2012]
  4. Ash187

[May 25, 2012]
    so the rear speaker grills i would say find someone breaking a similar car (sportback) and then see if they will sell you that one part?
    the rear lights look like a direct swap over but i have not seen anyone here do those lights so cannot advise of possible problems you may have.
    The front lights i assume you want the LED DRLs like the newer S3s... on your model car it would mean a whole new front end (bonnet, bumper, wings) as the shape is different. otherwise you could get the headlights that i have on mine that are the bi-xenon lights with DRLs (not the same as the LED ones but still nice)
  5. Lee2988

Lee2988 New Member

[May 25, 2012]
    Thanks for the advice ,was just curious as to led rears as my e46 m3 needed work from BMW for the rear lights to work and been looking at a black grill off fk-auto parts I think , as off speaker cover I will have to keep a look out for someone breaking , have you a close up of your lights? Can you get them with black instead of the chrome? And how much , sorry for all the questions , is you armrest black leather ? Thanks
  6. Ash187

[May 25, 2012]
    You could always go for the oem rear LED lights which is decent! i have a seller who does them at a decent price too and can fit and code for you.

you can find some pics here on my bi-xenon install thread from last year
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-sportback-8p-chassis/117857-xenon-bi-xenon-differences-2.html

as you can see there the surround is black and the projector is chrome... just get some lamin-x on them if you want it looking darker?

they cost a fair bit though... i paid £400 for them inc the adapters and bulbs as i changed them to 8000k, sold on the OEM bulbs so it worked out and I fitted myself so saved some money there.

yes my armrest is black leather, you can see it here in the corner of this pic:

[​IMG]
  7. Lee2988

Lee2988 New Member

[May 25, 2012]
    How much for the armrest? And I know it's a hassles a hassle but have you any idea on postage costs too , as I'm at home in Newcastle , but often work round kent area lights look great too defiantly an option
  8. Ash187

[May 25, 2012]
    il PM you!