Replacement Parking Sensors

Toblahoe

Reaction score
Hi All,

One of the previous owners of my a4 has had parking sensors retrofitted, one or more of them has broken meaning that they all don't work. (See video)

That sound happens when I put the car into reverse, and the sensors don't beep at all.

I found out i can just buy another sensor for about £12 from ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/152211854758

Will this work, are they universal and how do I get the rear bumper off so I can replace them?

Thanks.

You can remove the sensor without taking the bumper off.
Lay under the rear of the car and get your arm up behind the bumper from below, it's tight but doable. I ain't the smallest person and I managed it, is ****** tight though, you need to see what sensors they have used before we can tell you which will work.

Alright thank you, when I next can I'll get under the car, luckily my dad has a snake cam so I can picture the sensors.

Show us a pic if your sensors, I suspect its not genuine & therefore obtaining another maybe fun.

Sorry for the late reply, here are some photos of the sensors.

20160917 1456081 20160917 1456131 20160917 1457341

No identification on them unfortunately, the one that didn't work had almost completely corroded connectors, so maybe a new wire is needed too.

Good luck with this one mate. They are afermarket. Do you have any paperwork at all to identify the kit?

Good luck with this one mate. They are afermarket. Do you have any paperwork at all to identify the kit?

Nothing at all, my only next option is too try and find the receiver box or whatever makes the beeping sound to see if there's anything to identify them.

It'll be in the rear somewhere Mate, I'd say either side of the rear boot compartments.

Thanks, any idea how to remove the trim? One side is fully occupied by the bose sub and the other is for mini storage.

Okay so I removed the trim in the boot and found the correct model it's a Apri FBSN-4d. But I can't find anywhere that sells the whole unit or just replacment sensors, are there any different kinds that will work with this system?