1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacement MAF now faulty, but unsure on replacing...

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by JD09, Sep 19, 2013.

1. JD09

JD09 I'm not modding, I'm improving VCDS Map User

[Sep 19, 2013]
    Hi guys,

Have a query about replacing a recently replaced MAF (under 12 months old). Car has started showing signs of the previous issue ("funny" on cold starts, low on power g/m2 etc).

Place that reconciled the issue by replacing the MAF in the first place has said that he needs to see which type of MAF he fitted, gen Audi one or a Bosch OEM one. To prove it's faulty, the latter option just needs a straight swap by him, but the former needs taking to an Audi dealership, paying them one hour's labour to test it and prove it is the MAF and then (and only then) will they refund the 1 hours labour and replace the faulty MAF...

Now, that to me sent the BS 'o' meter off the scale, but wondered if anyone else has run into this before? Worst comes to worst, I'll replace it myself for £60 trade in a ECP/TPS etc, but it's the principal of "not fit for use" that pisses me off...

All thoughts welcomed.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. towcestervag

towcestervag Member VCDS Map User

[Sep 19, 2013]
    hes telling you the truth
    anything over the value of £50 has to go to the dealer to be confimed
  4. badger5

badger5 www.badger5.co.uk Site Sponsor

[Sep 20, 2013]
    TPS/VAG returns policy is an actual Joke/Farse and why I do not use MAF's from them....

They are no better than any other Bosch sourced MAF, they are all remanufactured items on Exchange only (or surcharged)
  5. JD09

JD09 I'm not modding, I'm improving VCDS Map User

[Sep 20, 2013]
    So that's the correct process? Christ, what a malarky!! I'll talk to them. Cheers both.