1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacement key query

markA4tdi Nov 22, 2009

1. markA4tdi

markA4tdi markA4tdi

I think i may dread the answer to this but here goes... I only have 1 key for my car, I dont have the key codes (if you need them that is) is it a case of going to the car locksmith with my v5, getting a spare cut cheaply, or is it 1 that has to reprogrammed at a trip to the moon price? has anyone bought an audi key off ebay and been able to reprogram it? or are these a 1 hit only program keys and then useless for other audi cars. mines a 2002 a4

2. dansansome

dansansome Member VCDS Map User

if you want to do it yourself you need to get your immobiliser code using a certain program (i wont mention as im not sure im allowed) which will probably cost you around £60

then you need to buy a key, which you will need to make sure is the same frequency as your existing one, and then re-program the key.

it can be done, but i decided to go back to audi and part with £155 all in for one as i couldnt be arsed with the long diy route.

3. markA4tdi

markA4tdi markA4tdi

many thanks , how do I pm you to find out how to get my imm code please?.
    cos audi want £200 for a key!!:faint: