Replacement for the Audi

Dave_Bayern

Slipping at 3.5Krpm
Reaction score
My car is currently in with Storm being remapped, but I have literally just discussed replacing it as soon as I can, and getting a new car, with something I think will be a grand replacement.

Bascially spent 30 minutes in the car and I have seriously never liked a car as much as this, its nicer, by an appreciable amount than every single porsche I have ever been in, and it probably isnt faster but it 'feels' faster.

500Bhp, Supercharged, and hard as nails.

£25K including import but excluding VAT.

Bit of an upscale from the new SEAT Leon that was on the Agenda but its only 6K more right :)

Its a 500Bhp Shelby GT500, theres no need to stick a Roush kit on it. That'd be like putting neons on an S3.

Plus the whole reason its being considered is I know someone whos old man is very high in Ford, hence the price.

Roush do make a great product, but the GT500 is a limited edition, personally signed by Carroll Shelby, Ford Mustang, so it'd stay standard as much as possible.

Actually seriously making enquiries right now about the cost of the SVA tests and export to get it over to the UK.

BHP and HP are the same. So yeah, its 500Bhp and 480ft.lbs

you may be thinking of PS, which is our & Europes new system which is different to BHP.

Either way it looks ******* amazing.

two words, penis. extension.
but if your gonna get a penis extension, thats a nice one to get haha.

dubmas said:
two words, penis. extension.
but if your gonna get a penis extension, thats a nice one to get haha.

C'mon now why you being rude for...

I think the car looks stunning. The noise it makes is unforgettable too! You've made a good choice. Maybe black would be better? but I will say after seeing it in Transformers lol

Dave_Bayern said:
BHP and HP are the same. So yeah, its 500Bhp and 480ft.lbs

you may be thinking of PS, which is our & Europes new system which is different to BHP.

no no i know what ps is, im just saying, clarkson RR'd it and it was making between 400-450 iirc

Oh well, that settles it, I don't want one any more. I bet its only 400ft.lbs too.

Disgusting.

emzino - Thats actually a Saleen, made about a mile down the street from where I am now in Irvine.

My boss has a standard Mustang GT as his company car, and I go out with him in it all the time. Its amazing, really quick, and the sound is brilliant, the only downsides to it are that it does about 17 mpg average, and the interior trim literally falls apart, its so badly built... oh and it handles like poo. But if you can live with these problems then its a great car, and I'm sure the handling might be improved on the tuner models. It will certainly turn more heads than any other car I know. Literally everywhere we go, people come up and start asking you about it! How much, how fast, how powerful, engine size, etc.

They put all that added power in over the standard mustang but do nothing with brakes and suspension, its got a live rear axel one of the simplest forms of suspension, would be ****** fast in a striaght line though i bet, americans no nothing about handling.

ive heard they are superb on straights but a saxo would handle better around corners,so ive heard,they are lovely though i want one who needs corners anyway