1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacement for GEARBOX

arachnophobian Jan 4, 2008

1. arachnophobian

arachnophobian New Member

Dear all,

I just bought an AUDI A4, 1997, 2.4 litre V6 Engine. Its an automatic geared car.

However, after driving it for 2 days, the car developed serious problems in the gearbox compartment; the gear teeth of a 6 piece gear set has been eroded. According to my Thai mechanic who deals with AUDI cars, this is due to the absence of gear oil. (honestly, I never thought the gearbox needs to be checked for oil. I always thought the oil will be there forever once its manufactured.) He also mentioned that this could be due to lack of maintenance from the previous lady owner...

Nonetheless, I am left to carry this "baggage" even thought I owned it only for 2 days. Such model is very rare in Thailand (where I am working in now) and the spare parts are very hard to find.

I would like to ask if any readers of this forum would be able to help to tell me how much will such parts cost and who willhave them.

I will appreciate your replies.

With best regards,
    Alvin (from Thailand)