1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacement for A4 Cab

Discussion in 'General Automotive Chat' started by hotglove, Oct 11, 2009.

1. hotglove

hotglove New Member

[Oct 11, 2009]
    :confused:Time has come to replace my much-loved 2.5 Tdi Cab. Max budget is £30k, must be auto and diesel. One of the most important features of its replacement must be a good satnav/ipod system with the display at a high dash level and intuitive controls. Must also have high-spec speaker system and, ideally, a light coloured interior.
    Late model A4 Cabs are out because no MMI, anyway, the display is too low down.
    I like the A5 Cab, but the early models are all high-spec 3.0Tdi Quattro, so still a bit above budget. Also, unless I've got it wrong, 2.0Tdi's are only available with black interiors.
    BMW 3 Series is the current favourite (mainly because there is a much bigger selection of used examples), but their iDrive system is a bit clunky in the 2008 cars, but absolutely brilliant in the current model.

BMW 1 Series is OK but a bit cramped in the rear (but within budget for a new one)
    Volvo have a (IMHO) bloody awful interior, Saab don't have a decent music interface.
    Any suggestions, comments, amenable dealers?
    Once I get sorted my Cab will be for sale, 2.5 TDi 163 sport, Auto, satnav (CD) light blue/blue hood, grey leather/Alcantara, Dension Gateway 300 iPod interface (allows use of CD multichanger and includes bluetooth phone connection) 84k miles, full service history (cambelts, waterpump changed on last service) Good all round, £9500 (could include reg.no AYY4 at extra cost)
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 28, 2014]