1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacement 2000 Audi S3 Bose Speaker

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by phil08, Nov 1, 2013.

1. phil08

phil08 Member

[Nov 1, 2013]
    Hi all,

I need to replace the front drivers side bose speaker on my S3 8L as its distorted. I have looked everywhere and cannot find one or a pair even.

Has anyone got any tips as to where I might find one or if they are still made?

I have tried the usual ebay, gumtree and Internet search.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 24, 2014]

3. S3 ROCKS

S3 ROCKS steve

[Nov 2, 2013]
    Breakers usually sell them second hand, just register on a parts site. Failing that there are always S3's being broken for parts on fleabay.

The only issue is theres no gaurantee's the quality won't be the same or worse as your current speakers.

2003 AUDI S3 QUATTRO WING MIRROR BREAKING | eBay
  4. vivalacoulter

vivalacoulter Member

[Nov 3, 2013]
    I was lucky and got a full set free off a friend. Sadly my drivers door speaker is on its way out now, and I've already done the passenger side. Keep an eye on ebay, there was a set on there the other month for £80.
  5. phil08

phil08 Member

[Nov 5, 2013]
    Thanks everyone I have managed to find a few £25 delivered. Its from pre face lift cars but does anyone know if all the bose speakers are the same and will fit into mine. EG will a speaker from a facelift be a direct replacement for my pre facelift.

I havent got bose grills on the door cards but the car has the sub and amp etc and says bose when the radio is turned on so I assume the car does indeed have bose.
  6. phil08

phil08 Member

[Nov 12, 2013]
    Can anyone confirm that a preface lift didn't have bose bose markings on the speaker grills?
  7. phil08

phil08 Member

[Nov 25, 2013]
    Also how do I go about getting an aux cable fitted into the car, does the standard stereo support this?
  8. vivalacoulter

vivalacoulter Member