1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

replaced cambelt but wiring plug left over?

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by glenandem, Jan 10, 2013.

1. glenandem

glenandem Active Member

hi guys replaced the cambelt and waterpump at the weekend on my 03 1.9 tdi a4 and found to be very simpe and straight forward but upon building back up i i had one wiring plug left over on the ns under the headlight behind bumper right next to the side of the radiator, it actually looked like it hadnt been plugged in as the connections looked slightly dirty and green and couldnt find anywhere it could plug into, it was a 4 or 5 pin plug if i remeber right and it wasnt for the bumper as i plugged that in?
    everythings working so slightly puzzled, thinking maybe its a spare but anyone ideas?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Mike.M

Mike.M Well-Known Member

Have you checked the crash sensors...........one either side of the rad pretty much at headlight level

4. Mike.M

Mike.M Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. glenandem

glenandem Active Member

hi guys, yep they was the little yellow sensors and i think i only had to unplug one to do the job but this plug i have dangling about is a lot bigger than those plugs, its more the size of a headlight plug.
    do audis have spare plugs like some other cars do,just wondering as the plug doesnt actually look like its been plugged in,the connections look dirty and even starting to green?

6. stu_m

stu_m Well-Known Member
    VCDS Map User

Its not for the front fogs is it? or the horns? as thay are all mounted in the bumper

7. Ian Beale

Ian Beale New Member

it's the Spotlight plug

8. glenandem

glenandem Active Member

no pal,they was all clipped to the bumper and had one multiplug on the ns and you undo that and they come off with the bumper all together so you dont have to unplug loads there.
    good idea!

9. stu_m

stu_m Well-Known Member
    VCDS Map User

god knows then!

When I did my cam belt I dont remember seeing anything like that at all in that area!!

10. glenandem

glenandem Active Member

hi pal,i know its a mad one coz everything works as it should so ruled out the horn and lights etc, it literally right next to the ac rad on the ns?
    oh well if everything works it can stay there!

11. stu_m

stu_m Well-Known Member
    VCDS Map User

The only other thing I can think of it the ambient temp sensor do you still get outside temp on your dash? if so its not that

12. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User Audi A4 quattro

aircon hi/low switch?

13. SL11CKK

SL11CKK Active Member

Ambient or aircon sensor like the previous 2 posters have said.

Also if the wire is coming out of the headlight wiring then it's definitely crash sensor as mines like this

14. glenandem

glenandem Active Member

hi guys, like i said all working inc ac and temp sensor, i double checked all lights today and spot on, the crash sensors where plugged in ok if theyre the little sensors with yellow bits bolted on next to either side of the rad.
    i just cant understand it, everythings ok and working so must be a spare plug?

15. stu_m

stu_m Well-Known Member
    VCDS Map User

got any pics of it?

could it be the multi plug for the fans?

16. Mike.M

Mike.M Well-Known Member

Plug it into vagcom and see what errors come up and that may help point to what the plug could relate to.

17. glenandem

glenandem Active Member

Hi guys after taking bumper back off to do the s line front bumper mod I had anouther look at this plug and reckon there's a sensor missing in the end of the ac rad but also looks like there's no valve in the ac rad?
    not sure why its been removed by Somone but should there be a valve core in the centre of this hole?
    image.jpg