1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replace/repair door frame seal?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by nickjw2000, May 20, 2013.

1. nickjw2000

nickjw2000 New Member

[May 20, 2013]
    Hi all

I've noticed the outer door frame seal is coming away from the front driver's door on my A3 8P.

I've searched the forum but can only seem to find problems with leaky inner door seals. My problem is with seal on the outside that goes around the top half of the door frame.

It looks like a simple fix, maybe just needs pulled of and realigned with the door frame, but I wanted to check and see if anyone has any experience of this??

I've uploaded a (pretty poor) photo of what I'm talking about...the rubber is coming away from the top corner.

Give me a shout if you have any advice.

seal.jpg
    Much appreciated
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 26, 2014]

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[May 20, 2013]
    Upload a better closer pic then we can advise if normal, ours does a little, as it has an internal seal anyway its not to much trouble, depending how bad yours is.
  4. nickjw2000

nickjw2000 New Member

[May 20, 2013]
    Cool. I'll get a better pic uploaded tomorrow, just used that one to show what area of the seal I'm talking about. It seems fine water/wind wise, but it doesn't look right as it's not flush with the body.

Cheers
  5. Jack_tdi

Jack_tdi Member

[May 20, 2013]
    My doors make wind noise when I'm on the motorway a mate of mine who works in a body shop said they'd prolly be expensive so I knocked it in the head lol
  6. nickjw2000

nickjw2000 New Member

[May 26, 2013]
    So I took the car to a bodyshop for some advice and the guy sorted it for me. The rubber seal has a metal frame running through it so it was just a case of pulling it off the frame a bit and remoulding it. It snapped back fairly easily. It's not quite perfect, but it's pretty close.
    I noticed there was actually some wind noise at motorway speed, haven't had a chance to check if that's sorted, but fingers crossed.
  7. Jack_tdi

Jack_tdi Member

[May 27, 2013]
    Ill maybe have a go at mine too then :)
  8. BenC00

BenC00 Member

[May 28, 2013]
    Isn't this caused by the door dropping due to stress on the hinges? It's a 3 door right? ...mine has done the same, i might ask Audi how much they will charge to rectify the problem.