Reordering you car

SavageParsnip

Reaction score
I have recently been discussing the spec I went for on my new Audi A3. There are a couple of bits I regret adding and unfortunately it is too close to the delivery date to alter it at all. It was suggested that I could cancel the order and reorder it. Has anyone ever done this? Are dealers happy to do this?

Bristle Hound? :whistle2:

Reactions: JohnM100 and veeeight
If you are no longer allowed to change the spec, then presumably it is going to be built.
It's entirely up to your dealer what you do. I think you can just cancel anyway, but you might loose your deposit (if you paid one). I doubt you would be liable for more.
However, the dealer may well allow you to re-order with no loss of deposit. All that would, I think, depend on the spec of the cancelled car - ie how easy will it be to shift. If it's pretty standard you would be OK. If it's pink, maybe not :yum:

This happened to me, my dealer didn't want to cancel my order originally, but at the end of the day it's not their car and more importantly not their money. They tried telling me I'd have a six month wait etc. But I persisted in my ways and cancelled my order to make a new one.

I didn't lose my deposit and got the car I wanted, with a weeks delay. So go for it. You'd only regret driving the car thinking "what if I had this and that"

This happened to me, my dealer didn't want to cancel my order originally, but at the end of the day it's not their car and more importantly not their money. They tried telling me I'd have a six month wait etc. But I persisted in my ways and cancelled my order to make a new one.

I didn't lose my deposit and got the car I wanted, with a weeks delay. So go for it. You'd only regret driving the car thinking "what if I had this and that"

That's great to hear! Thanks I shall but it to my dealer!

I cancelled a order because it was too late to change but l took a car that had just been built/still in the factory so no damage done really it was more expensive so maybe that helped

To be honest it was just aesthetic things mainly. The roof rails and privacy glass. Although I know you can get your windows tinted aftermarket. I also wanted the panoramic roof but initially didn't get it because of the cost.

What do you want to add to it?
To be honest it was just aesthetic things mainly. The roof rails and privacy glass. Although I know you can get your windows tinted aftermarket. I also wanted thepanoramic roof but initially didn't get itbecause of the cost.

To be honest it was just aesthetic things mainly. The roof rails and privacy glass. Although I know you can get your windows tinted aftermarket. I also wanted thepanoramic roof but initially didn't get itbecause of the cost.

My car was cancelled because of thee lack of a pano-roof,ye never know they may have the same spec or similar that's in Stock or on its way to them you may have to compromise slightly

As my old friend used to say "Shy wains don't get any cake"

I think the pano roof looks the nuts on white cars....if you are getting white give them a call ;)