Renovo Cabrio Roof Treatment

heli_madken

Reaction score
Hi, Thought I would post how I got on with Reviving my S4 Cabrio hood with Renovo products, heres what I bought -

Renovo Soft Top Canvas Cleaner 500ml - £12.95
Renovo Fabric Hood Reviver (Black) 1Ltr - £32.50
Renovo Fabric Hood Ultraproofer 1Ltr - £21.50

Total cost - £66.95

I used Autoglym proofer last winter but it hadnt lasted more than a couple of weeks and in a particular wet spell mildew got a hold in the roof, tried a few different cleaners but realised I needed something more drastic

Started by wetting the roof lightly then applying the cleaner which is a thick paste, used about 2/3rd of the 500ml bottle -

DSC_0092.jpg

After allowing the cleaner to penetrate for 20 minutes I worked it in with a soft bristle brush, you can just see the green staining as the mildew was coming off -

DSC_0095.jpg

After a thorough rinse you can see that no proofing is left as the canvas is soaked with water -

DSC_0097.jpg

Probably the best cleaner I have used and the hood was much better but some stubborn mildew remained -

DSC_0101.jpg

On to masking, rear window -

DSC_0102.jpg

And across the front rail, didnt bother with side windows just lowered them a little -

DSC_0103.jpg

Sun had come out so in to the garage for 2 coats of the reviver leaving 4 hours between the coats. The reviver is effectively a black dye with the consistencey of water, it needs to be applied quickly working from the centre to stop streaking -

DSC_0105.jpg

The car was left overnight in the garage to dry, next day the results looked great -

DSC_0106.jpg

The roof was a good shade of black and the texture had changed slightly, the cloth being raised a little -

DSC_0108.jpg

Then after 24hrs 2 coats of the proofer -

DSC_0112.jpg

There is now absolutely no sign of any mildew -

DSC_0115.jpg

And the rain now pools on the roof unlike when I used the Autoglym proofer -

DSC_0138.jpg

I am very pleased with the results, everyone who has seen the hood has commented that it looks like new

I used about half of the reviver so could probably have used the 500ml kit on an A4 cabrio but it is better to have too much in this instance, I have also got enough proofer to last the winter.

I would recommend using the system, for the cost it gives very good results

Just wait to see how long it lasts now!

thats brilliant

been working on a b7 cabriolet today and the roof was a bit blotchy in places.

defo looks to be a worthwhile product

thanks for sharing