1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Renewing brake fluid and coolant

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by comdw, Mar 29, 2005.

1. comdw

comdw Member

I'm due an AVS service so I've begun ringing round to get prices. First Audi dealer I've tried mentioned that brake fluid should be changed every 2 years and coolant every 3 years.

The car is nearly 5 years old, but I can't tell from my service book whether these have ever been done (I've just got stamps for each AVS and I've only had the car 18 months) - do I need to worry about them? Is there anyway to tell what condition the brake fluid and coolant is in?

I suppose as it looks like the car has always been serviced at Audi I should assume that these were done at the right times... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
  2. DuncS3

DuncS3 Member

Brake fluid change isnt a service item, so even with full service history it may not of been done

Dunc
  3. imported_velcrobix

imported_velcrobix Guest

I've just been quoted £300 for an 80k service + haldex filter change + brake fluid change from an Audi specilist.

Same was just over £500 for a dealer.

Up untill now my car has FSH from Audi.

I know a full Audi history looks better when selling my car in future as opposed to just FSH, but my car is now 6 years old and i don't expect it will affect the sale value that much, if at all.