Renault Clio 197

Olly_K

Reaction score
197.jpg

I love these, that colour is really good.

The latest ones are not supposed to be as good as the last version. You can pick up the last shape for anything as cheap as 8 grand now. I'd love one as a weekend toy.

yep i have to say its a pretty cool car !

Fantastic idea, I say cool would look better in the renaultsport blue :thumbsup:

Apart from it being french i lke it a lot.

And the bucket recaros you can have as an option are the absolute nuts!!

I've seen one in Blue a few weeks ago, I like the rear duffuser thing, but the whole car isn't for me, doesn't have the road presence of the older Clio 172/182 imo, and looks a bit chavvy - uncool I say.

john2garden said:
The latest ones are not supposed to be as good as the last version. You can pick up the last shape for anything as cheap as 8 grand now. I'd love one as a weekend toy.
Funny you mention that, as I've been looking round the web for more information on the previous model, the 182. As you say, it would make a nice weekend toy, although longer term I'm thinking of changing jobs. If I have to buy a second car to do the commute, the 182 is topping the list at the moment!

LOL-I have had a 172, it is a cheap plasticky but fun car :)

For a weekend toy though get a Cooper S :D

Having come to Audis from driving a 182 Cup I have to sy i'm not a fan of the 197. It looks like a sporty Micra, and Mircas as just ****; really ****. I wouldn't want to drive anything that looks like them.

The problem with this car is that it's forgetting what the 172/182s and even the Williams were all about, maximum fun at lowest possible prices. They stacked so much crap into this car that it's in serious danger of being as gay as the new Mini.

I'm still an active member of Cliosport.net and I have to say it has not been warmly received by most; the reasons for which are as many as they are varied.

Renault have lost sight of what the car was supposed to be and produced something that puts it in the sights of the Golfs and Civic Type Rs of this world; it can't win and it won't win.

:no: from me.

Uncool, there be 1,000's of these soon with big exhausts booming up and down your road. If it was a one-off edition then that is a different matter.

Shame no new Williams Clio.

A womans car (not sexist, just factual).:whistle2:

You obviously haven't driven a Williams, 172/182..... They're mental. I'm told the V6 is even more so a nuttermobile.

I dearly loved my 182 Cup, but I was doing a lot of motorway miles and the thing just wants to play with you all the time. You could just sit on cruise control and move along, it would want you to thrash it constantly and you simply can't drive like that every day of the week

The new car, 197, is a bit hairdresserish; hence my comments comparing it to a Mini.

I agree with fingermouse, its french! Built to contend with the A3 1.8ts and golf gtis and it doesnt. A pig to work on and deteriorate realy fast.
However, that said Ill probably have one twenty years from now for a laugh when there worth less than a night in the pub.- Confession time, now. I bought a renault 11 turbo off a mate three years ago for £250 motd. It was soooo funny, a bag of poo, but went really well for what it was. Didnt stop, or handle or last very long, but loads of laughs!!

if its anything like my mk1 172 it will be sooo much fun too drive not boring like my s3

the 182 / 172's arent slow if you own an S3 it will be on tail. As for the 197 i m unsure it maybe heavier than the previous one but i doubt it will be far off.

It's French.............nuff said.:puke::puke2:

utter utter plop, no one looks cool within 10 lards of them , i overtake them quickly and put as much distance between me and it !!