removing the rear of the recaro

Starry

S3 8V saloon... APR Stage 2....(-:
Reaction score
how do you get the rear of a recaro off, by rear i mean the plastic part. also were are the limit switches for the recline.
thanks...........

http://audi.lanzz.org/a3_interior.pdf

section 72-109 onwards. It's pig of a job with having to take the backrest off the seat cushion and remove the leather from the backrest. You will probably need some new fastening clips for the leather as well, as several with usually break when you remove them.

Also, there are no limit switches on the recline action as far as I could see. If it goes too far, it will probably just shred the plastic gearing of the recline motor...

Good luck, and let me knkow if you need any more info about this.

Cheers,

thanks Ali, it looks like a pain to do. i think ill just sell it as it is and let then knock me down a little.
cheers for the info....

Is it the Passenger or Drivers seat that's fecked? Is it full black leather or Alcantara?

Cheers,

Yeah as far as I can remember when I took mine apart, there wernt any microswitches on the recline action to cut the circuit, it only ever stopped in the car when it got lowered all way back when the back seats stopped it, yes its a pig of a job, what are you trying to acheive fella?

nigel, i was just trying to get it all working properly before i put it up for sale so these no reason to knock me down to much...

Ali, its the drivers side and its black leather, hwy you ask? you got one?

Ah ok, so what is wrong with it exactly maybe I can help?

nigel, i was just trying to get it all working properly before i put it up for sale so these no reason to knock me down to much...

Ali, its the drivers side and its black leather, hwy you ask? you got one?

Might have soon. It's my passenger side one that's fecked, but people only ever seem to sell the complete interior, and if I buy the lot, would want to sell the drivers seat and also the other sections to people who only need one part. Are yours heated?

Probably end up being ~£200 for the drivers seat if I can bag a complete set. You interested? Bristol is not too far from Oxford/Bicester, so we could meet Swindon way or so...

Cheers,

ali, i may be intrested if i still have it as i would like to get it right before i market it, keep me informed. cheers.

nigel, the seat dips up and down but the recline and the lumber does not work, i have check the relays but not to sure what to do next.
thanks.

Have you taken the side panel of & stuck a meter on the electrics mate before you take the rear panel of, do that 1st as all the wiring comes into the there from the underside plugs.
Dont remove the rear until you've checked the side wiring, continuity tests should yield something as the switches just create a circuit, so stick the meter on the switches & see when you operate the switches for lumbar that you get continuity with the red/black probes either side of the switch, this then proves the switch is ok, then check the wires as if its a break in the wire then the meter continuity test should help determine that.
Taking the seat apart is maybe not the solution mate, could be a broken wire from the seat movement, maybe a cable has got caught when moving up/down/back/forth etc etc.