Removing tar/bitumen

kempus

Reaction score
Hi guys!

Council decided to to dig up the road just past where I live and I've managed to get a nice great big splat of tar/bitumen stuck to the sill of my white A3. I didn't really notice it until I washed the car and whilst trying to get which I thought was dirt, off the car with my finger nail, a bit of it came off it along with to my complete horror, a little paint.

So what next? How can I remove the rest without dulling the paint/lacer around it??

thanks,

Kempus

Try either autosmart tardis...which gets rated very highly, I own a small bottle of, but I'm yet to use,

Or auto glym glue and tar remover, which i also own and have used and confirm works a treat.

The AG is easier to get hold of as its sold in halfords.

Ryan

autoglym intensive tar remover works a treat for a fiver a bottle you can do the whole car a few times if you mist it...i worked at a coke oven plant that produces tar and my car always had black specs allover but this stuff sorts it out

Hi,

Thanks for the replies! I shall see which one I can get my hands on and let you know how I get on!!

Cheers,

Kempus

Aztec chemicals do a tar and bitchumen remover which is excellent, rapeseed oil works very well or if your feeling cheap good old diesel. I work in an asphalt plant so my cars always getting splatered with the stuff. as long as your patient with the chemical and don't rub too much as the bitchumen contains adhesive polymers, it won't do any harm....

Either autosmart tardis or autoglym tar remover would be good.