1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

removing symphony stereo

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by 205man, Dec 14, 2006.

1. 205man

205man Active Member

i need to take out the symphony stereo out of my car this weekend and as i need to connect up some wiring behind it, ive borrowed the correct keys (all 4 of them) to remove it from a mate.

so is it just a case of inserting the keys and sliding the head unit out ar is there anyhting else i need to be aware of?

alan
  2. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Just be very gentle. The keys should be inserted with the angled sides facing inwards, you should feel slight resistance, but don't force the in any further.
    Remove the glovebox so you can push the unit from behind.
  3. 205man

205man Active Member

hows the glove box held in place and where abouts are the bolts/screws that hold it? (my cars a 1999.5 model)
  4. icenutter

icenutter Member

Open the door. Remove the panel on that goes between the door and the trim (it just pulls off). 2 bolts under there. 2 more bolts are inside and go into the center console. Finally 1 is top center.
  5. shineydave

shineydave Member

if you have the correct keys they should have a cut-out on them that hooks behind the fascia when inserted, these are to allow you to pull the radio out without having to remove the glove box