Removing Sub

dandowftm

Reaction score
Hi,

I want to remove my sub from the boot compartment of my A3, but i cannot get it out easily. I can only get the top part out as it has the release catch. Am i expected the wiggle the sub out, or will the rest of the side compartment cover come out?

thanks in advance

DanDowFTM

It's a bit of a pain. Basically I did it by first taking the central locking pump out of the compartment (leaving all hoses and wires plugged in), then unscrew the front plate with the speaker in and pull it forward. It still won't come out at this point.

You need to then unscrew the speaker itself and take the wires off the back, you can now get this out. You should now be able to take the front plate with amp attached out of the compartment leaving the plastic shell still in there. Don't forget to unplug the harness.

Due to the size of the shell, you would need to take off the boot side trim to get it out.

thanks for that mate, how would i get the side compartment out, i cant see no obvious way to do this (except for the small part at the top with the lever)

There are torx screws behind the luggage tie down loops, plus the ones holding the boot lip trim on and another you may be able to get at it by tilting the seat forward, and also one just behind the light cluster.

Cheers,