Removing rear quarter panel

nazS3

Reaction score
Hi guys

need to remove rear quarter panel from my s3 8l , anyone know where to start from
as ive never removed one before, got a grinder to cut, just need to know the correct cutting points
all help appreciated.

Unless your going to be repairing it id leave it to a bodyshop!!

im breaking car for parts mate, someone needs a rear quarter, thats reason for removing

Drill all the spot welds then cut it pretty high up the pillars, unless you have done it before you are in for a challenge IMO

im breaking car for parts mate, someone needs a rear quarter, thats reason for removing

The complete rear quarter panel is usually all the way along the roof gutter and the front A pillar upto the bonnet, everywhere else is common sense really.

Fully stripped out including glass of course, spot welds all drilled out, check the repair method for the vehicle to find the correct place to cut the quarter, it is usually the thinnest point but not always.

You have taken on a big task if you dont know what you are doing mate honestly, took the lads at work a 3 years working on cars day in day out to learn to remove and refit quarters, half the time they still cant remove them in a re-usable condition!

ok lads thanks for all your input i have decided not to bother
not worth the hassle for 70 quid, as i havnt got the experience to carry out such a task

might as well give it a go.
If you take it off and its usable, sorted £70 up. If you take it off and can't use it, o well no lose but you learnt something.

might as well give it a go.
If you take it off and its usable, sorted £70 up. If you take it off and can't use it, o well no lose but you learnt something.

suppose you have a point mate plus its only the outer skin