Removing rear parcel shelf (a4)

chasdrury

Reaction score
Strange question I know...

How do you remove the rear parcel shelf in the A4? I need to give it a good clean, but because of the angle of the window etc, it's virtually impossible to get down to the very edges!

Chas

Hi Chas I don it few times (messing with the sub) It's a shity job to be honest.I might take some pics today or tomorow if you want cos I'm about to open it all again (changing sub again) :)

I would like to know this too as I want to take my sub out.
dodo0903 what are you doing or have you done in the sub department of things? have you put another sub/system in or just changing the sub as it's broke?

thanks

So bit off the topic but yeah I change the original sub for a 12" JL and at the moment its running as an freeair but it does not suit me right.Now Im going to try 10" and face the magnet up.Will see how it all come's up.

Ive heard some decent free air subs in the past but cant beat enclosure.Some dont like the Box in the boot though so Freeair aint a bad option.
I like the specially built sub boxes that slot in the corners of the boot, very smart.:o.k:

Strange question I know...

How do you remove the rear parcel shelf in the A4? I need to give it a good clean, but because of the angle of the window etc, it's virtually impossible to get down to the very edges!

Chas

Hi Sorry it took so long but here we go
(this all is for non folding seats!!!)

1. remove head rests
55024.jpg

2. these just pull up. (they hold realy good so give it good pull or try turn them when pulling up)
55025.jpg

thats how they hold
55026-1.jpg

3. now pull the top end forward and up (it should slide out)
55029.jpg

55030.jpg

these are the bottom end (holders?!)
55031.jpg

4. now remove the sub cover carefully slide a trim removal tool (screwdriver) under front end and pull up a bit along whole front
55046.jpg

and slide it up and pull a bit to the front
55047.jpg

now u need undo 4 screws (red marking) holding the pascel shelf with sub.u will see them.{upsidedown pic. (my sub is gone)}
55053-1-1.jpg

5. now you have 4 trim holders under front of the parcel shelf.slide your fingers under the parcel shelf and u should find them.
55033-1.jpg

55032-1.jpg

55052.jpg

6. now place your hand on side edge of the parcel shelf and push down you should see a bit of these
55040-1.jpg

they slides into holes in parcel shelf side edges
55053-1.jpg

when it comes loose you can start pulling the parcel shelf forward (carefully)
just dont forget disconecct the brake light :)
the parcel shelf hold it self under the window (back end) with 4 flexible thingy witch slides into 4 holes
55037.jpg

55044-1.jpg

and thats it!!!
I hope it helps.:arco:

Thanks mate.

I will be giving that a try this weekend! I would do it now but I'm in Germany and the car isn't!! :bye:

Chas

Audi dont like making things easy for us......Looks like there's too many things that can break easy, well for me anyway with my heavy hands :weight_lift2:

Good how to though dodo :thumbsup:....

So bit off the topic but yeah I change the original sub for a 12" JL and at the moment its running as an freeair but it does not suit me right.Now Im going to try 10" and face the magnet up.Will see how it all come's up.

let me know how that goes and how it sounds as that may save me some work in the future. I made a custom fiberglass enclosure that's fits snugly into the left hand side cubby hole bit to put oil bottles etc. It sounds ok but just wanted to take my audi sub out to let it get into the cabin more as it sounds a lot better when the seats are folded down. i am also toying with the idea of placing another one on the other side.

the one i did is like this

http://a4mods.com/index.php?page=webcontent/pages/stereo.html

=cocain;548735]let me know how that goes and how it sounds as that may save me some work in the future. I made a custom fiberglass enclosure that's fits snugly into the left hand side cubby hole bit to put oil bottles etc. It sounds ok but just wanted to take my audi sub out to let it get into the cabin more as it sounds a lot better when the seats are folded down. i am also toying with the idea of placing another one on the other side.

the one i did is like this

http://a4mods.com/index.php?page=webcontent/pages/stereo.html

Yeah will do mate.I just get in after a loooong day.Yesterday I made free air 10" and after a few tests it was clear it need a case.Today I build the enclosure under rear parcel shelf.Its made of 25mm MDF,glue and about 100000 screws :) will test it tomorow cos i finished too late.(dont want upset people around) will take some pics too.
right im ready for bed now :lazy:

peace :arco:

right guys I finaly finished the sub nightmare in my car.

here we go from the begining:

1. try: 12" JL freeair
1422086.jpg

Image248.jpg

2. try: 10" Blaupunkt freeair ( sorry no pics so imagine the 12" replaced by 10" )

3. try: 10" Blaupunkt sealed enclosure
tt055.jpg

tt056.jpg

tt057.jpg

and finaly carpet on + wire covers (they are already gone cos it wasn't right)
55058.jpg

55057.jpg

55054.jpg

and this is the head unit Blaupunkt Bremen MP76 + modified facia panel

first time instaling:
foto067.jpg

upgrading facia panel:
11112004.jpg

11112009.jpg

1123102.jpg

and Final photo:
1123132.jpg

so what do you think?

Subs and that malarky aren't my thing really, the stereo in my car is plenty sufficient for my needs, but I like the headunit you have mounted, looks very professional, OEM even. Top Job :hi:

looks good, ive got a couple of jl w3's in the back of the avant with a 500/1. i would never run them free-to-air thoough !

looks very clean

enclosure for the 12" will take half of the boot so no I did not tryed that.
even the 10" is turned upsidedown (magnet is outside the box) to keep the enclosure flat as posible (inside is only 8cm high)
All this was made from staf I found in my garage only the carpet was ordered after it was all done.I bought the 10" Blaupunkt while ago with case made by blaupunkt (I tryed it in the boot but it was rubish-thats why I build custom case for it)

This is the original case with 10"
Image212.jpg

:rockwoot: Now it sound's great.I'm realy happy with it!

hey people...can someone please tell me where i can find the amp in my car...iv got half bose apparently.