1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removing rear lights

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Shades, May 27, 2007.

1. Shades

Shades Member

I'm sorry if there's a thread elsewhere on the forum about this but I can't find anything!

I have two tail lamps gone (one on either side) both being the dual tail/brake lamps. The brake lamp part still works fine and I still have the two outer tail lights working, so I'm still legal for now!

Obviously, I want to replace the blown lamps but how do I take the rear light units off? I can only see 1 'bolt' per light (just inside the boot opening), is this all that holds the rear lights on?

Sorry for such a stupid, mundane question but I'm not buying a Haynes manual just for that, and I'm too lazy to try one of the 'bolts' to see if thats all that holds the units in place! :lazy:

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. a4sline190

a4sline190 Member

Undo the screw on the inside of the boot and then prise light out of fitting as it is held into the body by 2 pegs, nothing else to undo.

4. Caesium

Caesium My BM is fixed!
    VCDS Map User

The bolts are covered by a small circular cap, this is just inside the boot shut on the vertical part. Undo them and undo the bolts then pull the cluster outwards away from the bolt

5. Shades

Shades Member

:icon_thumright: Thanks for that guys, I thought that may be the case.

6. Light Speed

Light Speed Buff my shiny red one...