1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removing rear door panels A3 5 door (8L 2001)

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by sparx, Feb 24, 2009.

1. sparx

sparx Member

[Feb 24, 2009]
    As the title suggests. I can find plenty of answers on here if you have a 3 door A3, but not a 5 door A3.

Is it going to be the same as removing the rear door panels on a 3 door? I'm guessing it isn't.

Thanks in advance,

Sparx
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 24, 2014]

3. benr

benr Member

[Feb 24, 2009]
    Yep Ive done mine same as the fronts-

Remove the 2 mouldings from the front and rear upper corners of the panel they sort of slide upwards a flat head screwdriver will help - this will reveal 2 screws, remove these

Remove the small torx screw from the doorpull/window switch, This will then release the window switch, pull it up from the front and you can remove it.

Then remove the door card by lifting the panel and bringing it away from the door.

Easypeasy when youve done it once
  4. sparx

sparx Member

[Feb 24, 2009]
    Thanks very much for that I will give it a go at the weekend.

:happy:
  5. sparx

sparx Member

[Feb 25, 2009]
    Actually, forgot to say. Did you happen to get a look at the speakers in the rear doors? What size were they?
  6. benr

benr Member

[Feb 26, 2009]
    Nope i didnt really get a look, id be interested if you could find out the speakers size though. Also could you also have a look as to where the speaker is wired to, ie where do the wires go? a picture would be great.

P.S i believe the speaker is attached to the door card and not the actual door.