Removing passenger seat

Naresh

Reaction score
Hi can someone please explain how to remove the font passenger seat from an A3? I want to re-route my RCA cables down the centre console and need to lift up the carpet too.

Hi Naresh.
It's easy enough. Remove the 2 plastic end caps on the ends of the rails in the back seat footwell, held on by 2 screws. Using a pair of long nosed pliers release the springy end stop at the front of the seat on the centre bar. Pull back the seat adjuster so the seat can move freely backwards and push all the way back, while keeping the back of the seat up. As the runners slide clear of the rails, youshould, with some effort, be able to lift the seat up and out. Not sure about the airbag, I think this can just be unplugged.

Hi Andy that sounds simple enough, but when you say pull back the seat adjuster - do you mean the level that slides it forward and back?
Also, I was expecting to remove 4 bolts that go into the floor like on other cars, does this not apply to the A3 then? I wanted to make sure because the A3/S3 have the slide & flip forward seats.

Sorry my mistake, I was thinking of my A4. Yes looks like you'll have to remove the 2 big Torx screws to release the front. Yes I meant the slide adjuster.