Removing Nokia Hands Free Kit?

jgrannyfield

Reaction score
Hey, bought my S3 last weekend and loving it!
However, its got the Nokia Handsfree kit attached and it looks pretty secure! Anyone know how to get rid of it?
O and this a bluetooth module or something you can buy, becuase I know the stereo has all phone software on it?
Thanks

has it got a cradle etc?, if so hows it fixed to the dash?. Mine had one in when I got it but luckilly it was secured between dash trim so no horrid holes once I got rid of it. I've just tucked all the wiring etc up behind the dash as I didnt fancy tackling the wiring to get it out.

Hey, bought my S3 last weekend and loving it!
However, its got the Nokia Handsfree kit attached and it looks pretty secure! Anyone know how to get rid of it?
O and this a bluetooth module or something you can buy, becuase I know the stereo has all phone software on it?
Thanks

software? dont know about that, the old nokia ones usually use an external speaker. I had a parrot handsfree kit fitted to my van about 9 months ago and cost me £200, pretty good unit, has a display. The next model up has a connection for ipod too. And the parrots can be made to play the sound through the speakers and the microphone is top quality. Dunno how i lived without one

Yeah its the cradle thats bugging me, it looks like its wedged between the bose symphony bit and the dash, but its sooo tight! Looks like the stereo has to come out! Parrot thing sounds the business, may have to look into that! Thanks for your replies

Sounds like mine was mate.....

Take the ash tray out
remove the head unit
Unsrew the fascia (2 x screws behind H/U, 1 x where the ash tray was)

I'd say the bracket will be held in by te left hand screw behind the H/U....so once you have it undone you can remove the fasciaand also the bracket....simples :)

Mines connected to the back of the stereo, you can see the 'box' for it all hidden well up behind the dash...I've just bundled all the bits up on mine and hidden it behind the dash...easier than ripping it all out I think :)