1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removing headlamp switch

jcs356 Jan 1, 2005

1. jcs356

jcs356 Brum brum

Hi - has anyone got any tips on how to get the headlamp switch out of the dashboard? I've got a loose connection somewhere so the switch doesn't always illuminate. I've tried a search but couldn't find anything on previous posts. I'm a bit reluctant to go straight in and attack it with a screwdriver! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Thanks

2. IanL-S3

IanL-S3 Member

I think you push it in on the off position. Was playing about with my car, finding the steering adjusts for reach!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif and was told about this yesterday on the forum.

3. jcs356

jcs356 Brum brum

[ QUOTE ]
    Ian Logendra said:
    I think you push it in on the off position. Was playing about with my car, finding the steering adjusts for reach!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif and was told about this yesterday on the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Ian /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif - looked through your driving position post and found what I wanted. Everything now illuminated as it should be. Does make you wonder what else comes apart with such ease!

I know it's been talked about many times before, but Haynes really should do an A3/S3 manual by now.