1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removing headlamp switch

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by jcs356, Jan 1, 2005.

1. jcs356

jcs356 Brum brum

[Jan 1, 2005]
    Hi - has anyone got any tips on how to get the headlamp switch out of the dashboard? I've got a loose connection somewhere so the switch doesn't always illuminate. I've tried a search but couldn't find anything on previous posts. I'm a bit reluctant to go straight in and attack it with a screwdriver! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Thanks
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 21, 2014]

3. IanL-S3

IanL-S3 Member

[Jan 1, 2005]
    I think you push it in on the off position. Was playing about with my car, finding the steering adjusts for reach!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif and was told about this yesterday on the forum.
  4. jcs356

jcs356 Brum brum

[Jan 1, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Ian Logendra said:
    I think you push it in on the off position. Was playing about with my car, finding the steering adjusts for reach!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif and was told about this yesterday on the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Ian /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif - looked through your driving position post and found what I wanted. Everything now illuminated as it should be. Does make you wonder what else comes apart with such ease!

I know it's been talked about many times before, but Haynes really should do an A3/S3 manual by now.