removing front grill?????

If you want to do it properly then yes the bumper has to come off, bumper off is simple i dont know why people worry about it, its only 4 plastic rivets 6 torx screws and 2 screws underneath , plus remove temp sensor from bumper.

Dont be afraid, when youve done it once you will wonder why you worried;)

im not to worried about doin it, its just a case of finding time to do it thats all i wud prefer to just be able to take it out from the front then mod it and put it back in easy peasy lol

:thumbsup:
Here's a few pics of mine before and after
bumperoff.jpg

grillseparated.jpg

chromegrill.jpg

Grillblack.jpg

looks much better if it were me though I would lose the eyebrows and get the facelift head lamps..love the bumper :cool:

..just bumping this thread up again, Neil what grill is that you have? I notice you have an A3, the grill looks the same as mine but the surround is different (more S3ish)?

Hi mate , what year is your car, dont forget face lifted models , had a updated grill where the bottom lip nearer the numberplate had a wider area of chrome, my guessing is that you have a later grill , mine is a 99 T plate so it has the narrower chrome surround all the way round, which does look more like the S3 , only with less slatting in grill area, Hope this answers your question

Hey Neil,

In that second photo you can see your reflection in the bumper.

Have you got white hot pants on??

john2garden said:
Hey Neil,

still laughing at that!

cheers neil mines a facelift and I notice the surround is different, I think Im going to have to buy a spare one and mod that as I dont think the facelift surround will look good de-chromed

john2garden said:
Hey Neil,

:lmfao:

silver75 said:
cheers neil mines a facelift and I notice the surround is different, I think Im going to have to by a spare one and mod that as I dont think the facelift surround will look good de-chromed

Thats correct the face lift has wider chrome surround and you are correct in thinking the face lift wont look as good, in sure you will be able to pic one up, i had a spare brand new one i picked up ages ago , so modified that one , ive also a spare late spec one too i picked up of ebay by mistake

Really like the Zender side-skirts, have wanted to get them for some time but struggled to find anyone reputable to order them, where did you get yours and how much were they?

Hi mate , ive had them for 3 years now , i got my mate to get them imported for me i think they were £300 ish when i bought them , fantastic quality made of same plastic as the bumpers and fit perfectly , really sets the side of the car off , im well pleased with them , it follows the door lines perfectly , giving the impression of a larger door , hence making the car look a whole lot lower

john2garden said:
I just think they are a good look thats all!

Heres what I wear in the comfort of my home its from one of my favourite outlets 'pretty pervy.com'

http://www.prettypervy.com/custom-suit.html

Now that would certainly be good fun in the snow. Ever worn it to the beach? Swimming might be dangerous, but I'm guessing you like teh danger :angrymod:

dantheman1986 said:
im not to worried about doin it, its just a case of finding time to do it thats all i wud prefer to just be able to take it out from the front then mod it and put it back in easy peasy lol

Hello mate.Done the mod perfectly last week withought any damage to my bumper.All i needed was a flat head screwdriver.
Check my thread:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=28645

Hope this helps..
Shabs