1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

removing front cigarette lighter??

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by scottyjohn, Jun 26, 2008.

1. scottyjohn

scottyjohn Member

Hello!
    I have a broken front cigarette lighter in the centre console of my B6 Avant, and need to remove the old one and fit the new one which Ive ordered.
    i cant see how to remove it, and am thinking that it must come out from the back of the centre console, which I assume means that I have to remove it! Is it a big job? Any advice would be much appreciated!
  2. jase0851

jase0851 Member

easy job but time consuming you have to remove the whole console. start by removing the stereo, air-con unit, gear lever surround, front ashtray these will uncover most of the bolts. remove the armrest and rear ashtray aswell, the last 2 screws are under the dash beneath a plastic cover one at each side
  3. cocain

cocain RAA RAA like a dungeon dragon!

get some tea and buscuits ready cause the first time you do it will take you ages. 2nd time 15 mins
  4. scottyjohn

scottyjohn Member

Hi guys,
    Got it sorted by just persuading it out from above! Had to make some small cuts in the housing but fits back in no problem. Thanks for the help