1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removing front bumper

J17_KNO Feb 19, 2013

1. J17_KNO

J17_KNO Member

Hi guys,

I know this has been covered and I have found a couple how to's but just have one question.

I want to take of my front bumper as the passenger headlight appears to be loose at the bottom. I don't have a problem doing this as I used to do it quite regularly on my golf.

However I don't want to upset the alignment of the bumper in any way when I put it back on. Do you think if I just take my time and follow the step by step guide I won't have a problem?

Thanks

justin

2. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

If its loose, then just lift bonnet & check the torx bolts are tight, 1 is on top in full view, other 2 are on left/right & down in a hole about 15-20 cm's using something like a T30-35 head bit, before removing bumper & you wont have a problem with shaping.

3. J17_KNO

J17_KNO Member

So I can tighten all of the bolts without removing bumper then?

4. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Yes.

5. Brodster

Brodster Well-Known Member Team Ibis VCDS Map User Audi Avant Owner Group Audi S4

Should have no problem. Ive never seen or heard anyone experiencing mis-alignment problems when refitting the front bumper.

6. J17_KNO

J17_KNO Member

That's kl I'll get on that, if I can open the bonnet that is!! Stupid cable! Although I've read up on it so got plenty to try!

I don't think I've ever heard of misalignment either but just want to make sure, it would just be my luck to ruin it! Ha ha

thanks guys

7. Best84

Best84 Member

The bumper basically guides itself into position, dont need to worry too much about it :)

8. J17_KNO

J17_KNO Member

I think I'll see if I can tighten the light up without the bumper off but feel more reassured if I do have to take it off