1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removing Electric Mirror Switch?

brettfk Nov 6, 2010

1. brettfk

brettfk New Member

Hi all,
    Well it's been a year since I last posted on this forum about an alarm installation. I regret to inform that less than 2 months after I got it installed, i had to say good bye to my lovely A4 2.6SE. Sadly, I rear-ended someone and the insurance didnt cover the amount of damage :crying:
    I spent about 6 months driving an '05 Mazda 3 which was not a bad car, but nothing compared to my new old beast.
    I'm now driving a nice (but not as nice as my old car) '98 Audi A4 2.4, which I'm having a few dramas with (like stone guards falling off), but thats a whole other matter.

Anyway, one of the problems I have been aware of since the purchase was that the drivers side electric mirror wont do anything when I try to move it using the controls on the door, but the passenger side one works.

I suspect it will be the switch that selects the mirror more than anything else, and want to take it out to test it. My question is, can I take out the switch without removing the door panel? I'm really hoping so at this stage :wacko:.

I'd also be interested in hearing opinions or anyone who has had this problem before to see what the general consensus is.

Thanks guys - Good to be back.