1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removing drivers door

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by cabriolet, Dec 18, 2009.

1. cabriolet

cabriolet Member

[Dec 18, 2009]
    anyone got a quick way to do it at the scrappies can i dismantle the hinges or do i have to fight with the dash fuse box etc
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 1, 2014]

3. s3ollie

s3ollie Member

[Dec 18, 2009]
    angle grinder? :idea:
  4. cabriolet

cabriolet Member

[Dec 18, 2009]
    need the door etc for my accident damaged a3
  5. Ian W

Ian W Active Member

[Dec 18, 2009]
    Without looking at mine i'm guessing from experience a hinge pin remover, unbolt the strap and unplug the loom and you should be away.

*this may be completely wrong as I haven't removed a door from anything newer than a 97 Vauxhall* :sadlike:
  6. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

[Dec 18, 2009]
    If you want to save the wiring loom, then you need to undo the plastic cover under the footwell, if not, then cut the loom by the hinges, but it will take you longer to transfer your original loom over.

Between the door and the car, the top hinge is a little black rubber cover, undo that and loosen the 6mm(I think it's 6mm) bolt, now you need to undo the the bolts from the lower hinge, these are usually thread locked, so need a bit of force to undo them, then easy to remove. They require a starkey, and it's damn tight to get a wrench down there, so I used just the starkey head with a ring spanner on it. Once both bolts are out, the whole door lifts off the upper hinge.

HTH
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
  7. cabriolet

cabriolet Member

[Dec 20, 2009]
    cant thank u enough fella going to take this off tomorrow been told dismantle dash all sorts of nightmares thanks again to say u made my life easy is an understatement fella got both mirrors drivers door both bumpers mud flaps floor mats and was back home in 4 hours including an hour driving time:yahoo:
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2009