1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removing dirty oil from car mats

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Agent_Trig, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Agent_Trig

Agent_Trig Member

[Sep 23, 2011]
    The mechanic from the garage I took my car to has got some dirty oil from his boots on my carpet mats!!

Is there anything that can remove this fully? Looks pretty **** at the moment :(
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 28, 2014]

3. danb986

danb986 In awe of VCDS

[Sep 23, 2011]
    I had the same on my grey mats when I got the car so I bought some upholstery cleaner from Halfords and it did the trick.
    I can't remember the name of it, but they did it with and without a plastic brush on the lid so I went for the one with the brush. You spray on the foam and rub it in with the brush and then after a few minutes rub it with a damp cloth. I didn't hold out much hope, but it worked perfectly. I don't know where the stain went, but the mat looks like new and the damp cloth didn't look that grubby when I looked at it afterwards.

I'm at work at the moment and can't check, but I've looked at the Halfords website and I'm certain this is the stuff:
    Halfords | Turtle Wax Interior1 400ml
  4. Agent_Trig

Agent_Trig Member

[Sep 23, 2011]
    Nice one dude, I'll this over the weekend :)