1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removing dial perspex...

robbie5 Nov 30, 2007

1. robbie5

robbie5 NEVER ENOUGH

Q. How difficult is it to remove the clear perspex covering the Audi B5 dials? I've bought a set of silver rings to place around the dials and thought this might be the best thing to do...?
    Cheers
    Rob

2. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

This should help.

3. marms

marms Member

I did this mod on my old Mk4 Golf.

You don't actually remove the perspex from the pod. You remove the speedo console and undo half a dozen screws which split the front section from the clocks.

You then have to install the rings from the back by gently squeezing the alluminium rings and passing them through the holes in the back of the front half of the binacle. You then need some gel superglue to attach the rings permanently. Just be very careful with the glue as any spills with ruin the effect .

4. robbie5

robbie5 NEVER ENOUGH

The seller of the dial rings said...they click into place (no need for glue) mmm we'll have to wait and see.

Thanks guys, as per usual you're all...diamond geezers!, said in a Del Boy accent!

5. Markey

Markey Active Member

Thats interesting im not sure where they would click, esp if you hit a big pot hole and they fall off :)

6. Randomjim

Randomjim Active Member

When i got mine they said they would click into place but they didn't lol. Theres not much for them to click into. Glue did the trick though.

7. Markey

Markey Active Member

I have been looking for a set for my car which does not have DIS are they avaliable ?

8. robbie5

robbie5 NEVER ENOUGH

DIS?

9. Issac Hunt

Issac Hunt Active Member VCDS Map User

Driver Information System (trip computer!)

10. robbie5

robbie5 NEVER ENOUGH

No, unfortunately not.