Removing Climate Control Panel

little_wing

Reaction score
Does this thing just unclip or is there a particular way of releasing it? I'm fitting my denison ice link with a dashmout bracket for the cradle which clips in behind the climate controls. The dashmount instructions simply say "Unclip the climate control unit". Helpful.

TIA.

According to the Elsa electronic workshop manual the proceedure is as follows:

Remove trim beneath Climatronic control unit

Reach from underneath into centre console and release Climatronic control unit from centre console.

I have taken mine out when I fitted a mount for my iPAQ and I pretty sure it just unclips. There are just plastic lugs that hold it back to the frame - these need to be released and the unit given a good pull.

remove the stereo and the climate simply pops out. Don't yank, and wrap both in a tea towel to stop them from scratching your nice glossy trim.

IMO the brodit clip looks best raised up flush with your stereo, not lower next to the climate, this is why...

1/The clip is exactly the same height as the stereo.

2/The wire can be fed in to in the gap where the stereo meets the climate, so it almost completely dissapears.

3/You don't get a big gap between the climate and the dash where the clip is forced in between.

You're right LeMan - I did take the radio out first and the lower panel and you get get at the climate control from above and below.

Mine is a Brodit holder for the iPAQ but not fixed to a Brodit mount on the car. I personally prefer the lower mounting position.

Cheers for that - I'll try not to break anything in my usual cack handed manner...

[ QUOTE ]
Cheers for that - I'll try not to break anything in my usual cack handed manner...

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha i know what you mean there, it like, its aaaaaalll going *crack*

sh!t.

Thanks for the help guys - nice pics, David.

I decided to go for the lower mounting a) because there's a screw that the dashmount uses to hold it in a little more securely and b) because when I tried it up near the stereo, there is some interference with the controls (FM, CD and volume/on/off knob).

Don't think I've broken anything (which is probably a first), stereo works, but can't test the Ice Link yet as my iPod hasn't arrived yet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

For me, that's a success!