1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removing chrome strip on boot

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by Rastamouse, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Rastamouse

Rastamouse Welsh Audi Nut

[Sep 11, 2011]
    As the title says really, i want to remove the chrome strip that sits just underneath the boot so i can wrap it.
    Has anyone removed one before, and does it just pop off or is it held on with any screws etc?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. Dazmo

Dazmo Active Member

[Sep 11, 2011]
    Yes mate, its a bastard to remove!

Its basically glued on, and clipped in, their are no screws.

You have to use a knife or something to edge it off (careful of your paintwork) heat it with a hairdryer or something and slowly edge it up and once you have loosened it, you need to unclip it by pushing and lifting.
  4. Triple.O.G

Triple.O.G Active Member

[Sep 12, 2011]
    I did mine last week and it wasn't that bad, I just got one edge and kept pulling it along, use a flat blade screw driver and some paper or a thin cloth, it pulls towards you also not up or down.

Looks much better wrapped.
  5. Macdoon

Macdoon Well-Known Member

[Sep 12, 2011]
    It's a nightmare to get off, I used various sized flat head screwdrivers with the ends wrapped in insulating tape to prise it off (to be careful of the paintwork), you need a fair bit of patience and a bit of force, but once it's off and wrapped it looks awesome. Just make sure you want it wrapped or painted, because you won't be wanting to do it again :beerchug:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oh and ont get the wrapping bug lol, I ended up doing the front grille and the interior too.

Mac
  6. Rastamouse

[Sep 12, 2011]
    Thanks guys.will give it a bash one sunny day!
    Mac ive already done the grill(all in one piece of wrapping! What a job!!!) and my number plate surround, and most if the interior, only a few pieces left. Will get sum pics up once everything is fitted, not sure bout n/plate surround, will see what it looks like when its on the car!
    Macdoon likes this.
  7. bez101

bez101 Yorkshire & Humber Rep. Regional Rep VCDS Map User

[Sep 12, 2011]
    mine was easy to remove
    just clipped out
  8. Richardesty

Richardesty loves quattro

[Sep 12, 2011]
    Yeah I reckon you lot are trying to remove something else :search:

Wide flat blade screwdriver (protected end) placed between the back edge of the chrome trim and the bumper.......and twist. This unclips the end then just pull gently along the length :icon_thumright:
  9. Rastamouse

[Sep 15, 2011]
    That was so easy to remove only took bout a minute and just popped straight out!!!! Wrapped and refitted......job done:)