1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removing chrome strip on boot

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by Rastamouse, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Rastamouse

Rastamouse Welsh Audi Nut

As the title says really, i want to remove the chrome strip that sits just underneath the boot so i can wrap it.
    Has anyone removed one before, and does it just pop off or is it held on with any screws etc?

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. Dazmo

Dazmo Active Member

Yes mate, its a bastard to remove!

Its basically glued on, and clipped in, their are no screws.

You have to use a knife or something to edge it off (careful of your paintwork) heat it with a hairdryer or something and slowly edge it up and once you have loosened it, you need to unclip it by pushing and lifting.

4. Triple.O.G

Triple.O.G Active Member

I did mine last week and it wasn't that bad, I just got one edge and kept pulling it along, use a flat blade screw driver and some paper or a thin cloth, it pulls towards you also not up or down.

Looks much better wrapped.

5. Macdoon

Macdoon Well-Known Member
    Team Ibis Gold Supporter Audi A4 S-line owners group

It's a nightmare to get off, I used various sized flat head screwdrivers with the ends wrapped in insulating tape to prise it off (to be careful of the paintwork), you need a fair bit of patience and a bit of force, but once it's off and wrapped it looks awesome. Just make sure you want it wrapped or painted, because you won't be wanting to do it again :beerchug:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oh and ont get the wrapping bug lol, I ended up doing the front grille and the interior too.

Mac

6. Rastamouse

Thanks guys.will give it a bash one sunny day!
    Mac ive already done the grill(all in one piece of wrapping! What a job!!!) and my number plate surround, and most if the interior, only a few pieces left. Will get sum pics up once everything is fitted, not sure bout n/plate surround, will see what it looks like when its on the car!

Macdoon likes this.
  7. hades-

hades- Yorkshire & Humber Rep.
    Regional Rep VCDS Map User

mine was easy to remove
    just clipped out

8. Richardesty

Richardesty loves quattro

Yeah I reckon you lot are trying to remove something else :search:

Wide flat blade screwdriver (protected end) placed between the back edge of the chrome trim and the bumper.......and twist. This unclips the end then just pull gently along the length :icon_thumright:

9. Rastamouse

That was so easy to remove only took bout a minute and just popped straight out!!!! Wrapped and refitted......job done:)