1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removing body work

mikerd4 Feb 16, 2009

1. mikerd4

mikerd4 Member

Anyone able to tell me how to remove the door blades on my s4? Are they clipped on or screwed on from the inside?

Also the S4 bumper valance, I thought it was in two parts but it appears to be glued on? Can this be removed?

2. jwhat

jwhat Member VCDS Map User

I think the door blades are screwed in and you have to take the doorcard off to get at the screws. I don't know about the valance though.

3. J7USS

J7USS Shuddup Foooool!!

The door blades are easy enough to take off, Open your doors, at the bottom you'll see the screws (2 on each strip IIRC) then once the screws are out then the strip will just slide off!!

Are you getting Rid??

Not sure how the Valance are on the S4's Id say there is some sort of bond though.

4. no_idea

no_idea Member

I thought the S4 bumpers were one piece. Could be talking rubbish though. Anyone know for sure?

5. mikerd4

mikerd4 Member

It looks like its glued on but not sure. Im toying with getting the blades colour coded but not sure if it would be too much red!

6. J7USS

J7USS Shuddup Foooool!!

Look at my Old one mate, They were colour coded but thing it was too much red, If I go for s4 blades on my new one, they're staying black!

7. mikerd4

mikerd4 Member

I also toyed with getting them wrapped in carbon fibre but Id have to do the rear apron and it doesnt look like a doer