removing audi sub?

matt5594

Reaction score
above the left rear wheel arch in the boot, behind the panel, theres a black box with an audi symbol on it, ive been told that this is the audi sub.

how hard is it to remove as i'd like to get a stealthed sub box installed in there.

do you think its worth taking the bose sub out? the bass sounds good to me in my S3 but can it really be a lot better?

Oh yes, the Bose sub is still mounted in the plastic enclosure used by the non-Bose system, so regardless of how good the speakers and amp are (not very on Bose or non Bose) you are never going to get anything but muffled woolly noise from the unit.
If you're happy with that then stick with it, but upgrading the enclosure, the sub and adding a proper amp transforms the sound, with proper clean punchy bass and cleaner sound from the cabin speakers as well. Basically what the Bose system should sound like out of the factory.

I can vouch for that, the sub and amp you supplied me with Andymac has totally transformed the sound of the bose stereo.

Sounds great, enough bass but not too much!!

I'm also adding my support for AndyMac's subs. The sub he sold me has improved the sound of my stereo too. I was very impressed with the quality of finish on the enclosure too. They are well worth the money!

:jump: I'm going to get one of andymac's subs install this weekend, can't wait!!!