removing and fitting driver sdie engine mount ????

vr6gordy

Reaction score
been reading up on this and im a bit lost .... so all i have to do is undo top bolt on engine mount just near the turbo ..jack car up then remove engine tray then jack engine up with a bit of wood across sump undo 4 bolts that hold engine mount on then jack engine up to get the old mount out then replace and put bolts back etc etc

you have the jist of it right, jack the car up, place a suport under the engine with a bit of wood, undo the top nut, and undo the engine mount bracket from below and take the 2 bits out as one bit, put the new engine mount bolted to the bracket and stick it all back together, just dont rush things,

I think I need a new mount to but think il get mine done at my pals garage,any ideas of we're to get one as Tps want £108 for the drivers side mount.

Buy-it mate, at that price is a steal. I have changed 2 mounts on a 55 reg b7 a4 v6 tdi estate and both engine mounts were about 250 quid, the driver side one was 154 quid on it's own. As far as i know they are identical to the ones fitted on the b6... yet dearer !

Would you recommend changing both as I didn't get a fault up on the other mount.

you have the jist of it right, jack the car up, place a suport under the engine with a bit of wood, undo the top nut, and undo the engine mount bracket from below and take the 2 bits out as one bit, put the new engine mount bolted to the bracket and stick it all back together, just dont rush things,
what about anti roll bar ..you have to remove it or just undo the one side ?